Sriracha Honey Slow Cooker Meatballs
This is for the sriracha lover in you. Sriracha Honey Slow Cooker Meatballs are hot, sweet, tangy and wildly addictive. A simple recipe, this dish just about cooks itself. Add the sauce ingredients, form the meatballs. Toss them in the slow cooker and voila. The best make ahead game day or any day food. What more could you ask for? #meatballrecipes #slowcoooker
- 1 cup sriracha hot chili sauce (Huy Fong, the one with the rooster on the package)
- 1 cup honey
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (approximately 2 limes)
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (I used 85%)
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 large eggs
- Combine sriracha, honey and lime juice in a slow cooker on high heat.
- In a large bowl add remaining ingredients, except eggs. Stir sriracha sauce in slow cooker until combined. Taste and add additional honey or sriracha as necessary to suit your heat preference. Add 1/4 cup of sauce into meatball mixture, fold mixture together 2 times, then add eggs.
- Mix well, do not over mix or you will have tough meatballs. Place a sheet of wax paper (approximately 9"x9") on your countertop. Using a 2 tablespoon scoop, portion out meat and place on wax paper. After all meatballs have been scooped, roll into balls and place them into the slow cooker. Once about half of the meatballs are in the slow cooker, spoon sauce over the tops of them. Continue adding meatballs until they are all in the slow cooker. You may have to layer them, just be sure the bottom layer is thoroughly coated in sauce before you add the next layer.
- Reduce heat to low, cover slow cooker and cook for 4-8 hours.
- Serve and enjoy.
- If you lightly wet your hands the meatballs will form better and crack less.
- You can take the lid off after 2 hours to allow the sauce to thicken or you can transfer the sauce to saucepan on the stove top and cook until reduced by half, or to desired consistency. The meatballs are perfect whether the sauce is cooked down or not. It is personal preference.
- Sriracha is HOT it is HOT CHILI sauce. This recipe is medium heat. If you prefer insanely hot, decrease the amount of honey and increase the sriracha. If you prefer milder heat increase the honey and decrease the sriracha.