Slow Cooker Rindfleisch Bourguignon – Rezepte de
Slow Cooker Rindfleisch Bourguignon - Rezepte de
- 5 slices of bacon, finely chopped
- 3 pounds. boneless beef chuck, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 cup of red wine cooked wine
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup of flour
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons of thyme, finely chopped
- 5 medium-sized carrots, sliced
- 1 pound baby potatoes (I used tri color)
- 8 ounces of fresh mushrooms, sliced
- freshly chopped parsley for garnish
- Cook the bacon in a large pan over medium heat until it is crispy. Put the bacon in the slow cooker. Salt and pepper the meat and add to the pan and sear for 2-3 minutes on each side. Transfer beef to the slow cooker.
- Add the red wine to the pan and scrape off the brown pieces on the side. Let it boil and reduce and slowly add chicken broth and tomato sauce and soy sauce. Slowly stir in the flour. Add the sauce to the slow cooker.
- Add garlic, thyme, carrots, potatoes and mushrooms to the slow cooker. Carefully take it around and cook it on a low setting until the beef is tender for 8-10 hours or high for 6-8. Garnish with fresh parley and serve with mashed potatoes if desired.