Slow Cooker Pasta E Fagioli Soup
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 whole carrots diced
- 4 celery stalks diced
- 1 medium onion diced
- 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 2 cans 14.5 ounces each beef broth
- 2 whole bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and pepper to taste I added 1 tsp salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can 15 ounces cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can 15 ounces red kidney beans, drained and rinse
- 1 cup ditalini pasta uncooked
Add olive oil to a large skillet and add in ground beef. Cook until browned and no longer pink.
Place the beef in a slow cooker along with the rest of the ingredients except for the beans and pasta.
Cook on low for 7-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours. 30 minutes before serving stir in beans and pasta.
Season with salt and pepper to taste. Discard bay leaves before serving.
Serve immediately while hot.