Slow Cooker Jambalaya
Slow Cooker Jambalaya is a spicy and flavorful family comfort food classic hardly requiring any effort at all. So unbelievably easy to make you WILL find yourself making this again and again. #slowcooker #slowcookerdinner #slowcookerrecipes
- 2 large celery stalks, , diced
- 1 small onion, , diced
- 4 cloves garlic, , minced
- 1 green bell pepper, , diced
- 1 red bell pepper, , diced
- 16 ounces smoked sausage, , chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 Tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, ( or more for extra spice)
- 1/2 Tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (15 oz) canned diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, , roughly chopped
- 2 cup vegetable broth, ( chicken broth works as well)
- 2 cups uncooked white rice
Add all ingredients into slow cooker EXCEPT the uncooked white rice.
Stir everything together. Place lid on slow cooker and cook on high for 3-4 hours. The liquid should be boiling at this point.
Very quickly stir uncooked rice into slow cooker. Quickly cover with lid and continue to cook on high for another 20-25 minutes, or until rice is cooked and has absorbed most of the liquid.
Serve hot with freshly chopped parsley and some hot sauce, if desired. Enjoy!