Slow Cooker French Toast Casserole
Slow Cooker French Toast Casserole - Butter Your Biscuit
- 1 loaf french bread cubed
- 6 eggs whisked
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- In a small bowl add the 4 tablespoons butter, brown sugar, 1 teaspoon of the cinnamon, nutmeg and walnuts. Mix with a fork until combined.
- Cut the french bread into cubes and place into a large bowl
- In a medium bowl whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla and 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Pour the egg mixture over the cubed bread and toss until well coated. Cover with plastic wrap and let set at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Rub 1 tablespoon of butter in the slow cooker. Place bread mixture in the slow cooker and sprinkle the crumb topping over the top.
- Cook on low 6 hours or high 3 hours.
- Serve with a sprinkle of powdered sugar, syrup and fresh fruit.