Slow Cooker Creamy Beef Stroganoff
Slow cooker creamy beef stroganoff made with sour cream, steak or stew meat, and no cream of soup! A healthy (er), yet rich and savory, easy crockpot version of classic beef stroganoff. | lecremedelacrumb.com #slowcooker #stroganoff
- 1 1/2 - 2 pounds stew meat
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper, to taste (I used about 1 teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon black pepper)
- 2 cups beef broth (I used low sodium)
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms (preferably fresh, not canned)
- 3 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 cup sour cream
- 6 ounces cream cheese, cut into 1-inch cubes, softened
- 4 tablespoons corn starch (or flour) + 1/2 cup beef broth
- 12 ounces short pasta noodles, cooked according to package instructions (egg noodles are traditionally served with stroganoff but penne, macaroni, or spiral all work well)
About 30 minutes before serving, stir corn starch (or flour) into 1/2 cup beef broth and stir mixture into slow cooker. Add cream cheese and sour cream to slow cooker then cook another 20-30 minutes on high, stirring occasionally until cream cheese and sour cream are incorporated and sauce is thickened.
Taste, add salt and pepper to your personal taste if needed, and stir in noodles. Serve immediately garnished with cracked black pepper and fresh thyme if desired.