Slow Cooker Coca-Cola BBQ Country-Style Ribs (Coke Ribs)
Slow Cooker Coca-Cola BBQ Country-Style Ribs (Coke Ribs) - Sweet Little Bluebird
- 4 pounds boneless or bone-in country style pork ribs (can use up to 6 pounds for bone-in ribs)
- 12 ounces of Coca-Cola (original, not diet)
- 1 bottle of your favorite barbecue sauce or use homemade
- salt and pepper to taste
Spray cooker with non-stick cooking spray and fill with ribs evenly, salt and pepper to taste then pour coke over ribs. Cook on low for 6- 8 hours or on high for 3 1/2 -4 hours (adjust cooking time according to how fast/slow your cooker cooks). Make sure ribs reach a safe internal temp of 145 degrees f.
When ready, gently transfer ribs to a sheet pan (discard juice in cooker). Cover pan with foil or parchment paper for easy clean-up. Slather ribs with your favorite barbecue sauce then place them in the oven preheated to 400 degrees f. for about 10-15 minutes, until the barbecue sauce starts to bubble and caramelize. You can also broil the ribs to caramelize the barbecue sauce quicker (*don’t use parchment paper under the broiler).
- Boneless country-style pork ribs are best for little children.
- Boneless ribs may fall apart and meat may fall off the bone for bone-in ribs when removing from the slow cooker – do not worry! Simply place the rib meat on the sheet pan, slather with barbecue sauce and place them in the oven. Same great taste!
- Serve with your favorite potato (fries, mashed, baked, roasted, potato salad), veggies, baked beans, coleslaw, salad.