Slow Cooker Chili Mac | Simply Happy Foodie
Slow Cooker Chili Mac is a dump and start crock pot recipe. Delicious chili with pasta makes this a hearty, economical one-pot slow cooker meal. Enjoy this crock pot chili mac recipe on Game Day, or any time. simplyhappyfoodie... #slowcookerchilimac #crockpotchilimac
- 1 lb Extra Lean Ground Beef or Ground Turkey (93%-97% lean)
- 1 Yellow Onion, chopped
- 4 lg Garlic Cloves, pressed or finely minced
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 2 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 Tbsp Cumin
- 2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt (or 1/4 tsp table salt)
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper (optional)
- 1 can Diced Green Chiles, mild
- 1 (14 oz) can Diced Tomatoes (with juice)
- 3 cups Beef Broth* (low sodium)
- 2 tsp Beef Bouillon
- 2 (14 oz) cans Beans (red kidney, black, or pinto) drained & rinsed
- 1 (6 oz) can Tomato Paste
- 2 cups Small Elbow Macaroni (or 8 oz other pasta) dry
Add the meat, onion, garlic, bay leaf, chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, oregano, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper. Stir.
Add the diced green chiles, diced tomatoes, beef broth, bouillon, beans, and tomato paste. Stir well.
Cook on Low for 6-8 hours, or High for 3-4 hours.
If you add the pasta dry, add it 20 minutes before serving and cook on Low. If adding cooked pasta, add just before serving.
Taste and adjust salt, if needed. Garnish with your choice of sour cream, cheese, avocado, diced onion, corn chips, cilantro, etc.