Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff
Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff - Life In The Lofthouse
- 2 pounds beef stew meat
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- 2 packets (1 ounce, each) Lipton onion soup mix
- 1 cup low sodium beef broth
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 5 ounces chive and onion cream cheese
- ⅔ cup heavy whipping cream
- pepper, to taste
- 12 ounces egg noodles, cooked
- Spray the inside of a medium slow cooker with cooking spray. ( I use a 7 quart size slow cooker).
- Place the stew meat, mushrooms (if using), onion soup mix, beef broth and Worcestershire sauce in slow cooker. Cover with lid and cook on low heat for 5 to 6 hours.
- In a medium bowl combine sour cream, cream cheese and heavy whipping cream. Whisk to combine then stir in to meat mixture. Season with a little pepper.
- Cover with lid and let it warm up for another 20 minutes.
- Serve over cooked egg noodles and enjoy!