One Pot Cheesy Chicken Rice and Broccoli
My FAVORITE easy dinner recipe! 1 Pot Cheesy Chicken Rice & Broccoli, YUM!
- 1 1/2 pound chicken breast cut into one-inch pieces
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ medium yellow onion diced
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 cups broccoli cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups uncooked extra long grain white rice
- 2 cups shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
In a large pot, over medium-high heat, add the olive oil. Once shimmering, add the onions and saute for 2-3 minutes.
Season chicken with the salt and pepper and add to the pot. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until there is no more pink visible.
Add the garlic and cook for one minute.
Add the rice, chicken broth, and water. Cover with a lid and turn the heat down to low.
Cook for 15 minutes stirring halfway through.
After 15 minutes remove the lid, stir the broccoli in, cover again and cook for 7-8 more minutes until the rice is cooked and tender.
Remove from heat and stir in 1 cup of cheese. Once stirred in, sprinkle the remaining cheese on top and cover for a few minutes to allow the cheese to melt. Serve while warm.