Instant Pot Cheesy Broccoli Chicken and Rice – Kiss Gluten Goodbye
Instant Pot Cheesy Broccoli Chicken and Rice is an easy pressure cooker dinner recipe made with long grain rice and loaded with chunks of chicken breast, broccoli florets, salsa con queso, mozzarella, cheddar and Parmesan.
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 3 cups water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 cups long grain white rice
- 2 cups milk
- 3 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 15 oz salsa con queso
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese blend
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Cut chicken breasts into approximately 1 inch chunks
- Set Instant Pot to Saute Less 7 minutes and add a dab of margarine or butter to the pot.
- Add the chicken breast chunks to the pot and leave them to cook, stirring occasionally, until the Instant Pot turns off.
- The chicken will still be slightly pink when the Instant Pot turns off.
- Add the water to the pot with the chicken and scrape the bottom of the pot well to make sure nothing is sticking.
- Add the salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder to the pot. Do not stir.
- Add the rice to the pot.
- Gently push the rice around until it is all submerged in the water but do not stir.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot, turn the steam release handle to the sealing position and set the Instant Pot to Pressure Cook High for 6 minutes.
- Once the Instant Pot is done cooking, immediately turn the steam release handle to the venting position and perform a quick release.
- Remove the lid from the Instant Pot and stir the contents.
- Add the milk, broccoli florets and salsa con queso to the pot.
- Stir well and set the Instant Pot to Saute Less for 5 minutes.
- Leave the dish to continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until the Instant Pot turns off.
- Add the shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese blend and the shredded Parmesan cheese to the pot.
- Stir well.
- Serve and enjoy!