Instant Pot Broccoli Chicken Stir Fry: Whole30, Paleo, Low Carb, GF – Whole Kitchen Sink
This Paleo and Whole30 instant pot broccoli chicken stir fry is a great weeknight dinner made in one pot and in under 30 minutes. It’s not only a Whole30 instant pot recipe, but it's low carb and gluten-free, so you can enjoy a guilt free Chinese inspired meal or make a healthy meal prep recipe that will ensure delicious leftovers all week. #whole30instantpot
- 1–1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (can substitute chicken thighs)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced or matchstick carrots
- 1 (8 oz) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
For the Sauce
- Season the diced chicken with salt and pepper and then add diced chicken into the instant pot. Make the sauce by combining all of the sauce ingredients in a small bowl, excluding the arrowroot.
- Pour the sauce into the instant pot over the chicken. Close the lid, ensure the pressure valve is set to sealing and then cook on high pressure for 5 minutes. Chop the veggies while the chicken cooks.
- Once the timer goes off, do a quick release of the pressure valve and open the instant pot. Press cancel, and then put it onto sauté mode.
- Add in the broccoli, carrots and water chestnuts and stir to combine with the sauce. Let simmer for 3-4 minutes until the broccoli is fork tender to your preference. If you like the broccoli to be softer, simmer for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- At this point, if you’d like the sauce to be thicker, dissolve the arrowroot with a bit of tap water in a small dish and then pour into the simmering liquid. Stir to incorporate and let thicken about 1 minute.