Family Night Chicken and Broccoli Pasta Bake – Little Broken
Spend more time with family with the coziest chicken and broccoli pasta bake. It's made with REAL ingredients, simple steps, and little time in the kitchen.
- 1 1/2 cups small shaped pasta
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. chicken tenders, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 3/4 – 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 oz. cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 Tbsp. shredded Parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt and fresh black pepper
- Cook pasta in salted water one minute shy of al dente according to package instructions. Last 2 minutes of cooking, stir in broccoli florets. Drain and set aside.
- Toss chicken with paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt and pepper. Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium high heat and cook chicken for few minutes until no longer pink on the outside.
- Add chicken broth and let it come to a simmer. Once simmering, add cream cheese and stir until melted. It’s okay to have small speckles of cream cheese. It will incorporate when baked. Stir in 3/4 cup mozzarella until melted. The sauce with slightly thicken.
- Turn off heat and gently fold in cooked pasta and broccoli. Transfer to a baking dish, cover with foil, and bake in a preheated 375 degree F oven for 15 minutes.
- Top with the remaining mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, for about 3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.