Easy Slow Cooker Mongolian Beef Recipe – The Chunky Chef
Amazingly tender Mongolian beef, made incredibly easy in the slow cooker! Just 10 minutes of prep! #mongolianbeef #slowcooker
- 1 1/2 lbs thinly sliced flank steak (1/4 inch thick)
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 - 2 tsp Sriracha sauce (can substitute with red pepper flakes or cayenne instead - in whatever amount you prefer)
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 4-6 green onions, thinly sliced
- sesame seeds, for garnish
Add sliced flank steak and cornstarch to a large resealable plastic bag. Close and shake to coat well. This can be done in a large mixing bowl as well, but I find it's less messy to do in a bag.
To the bottom of slow cooker, add vegetable oil, garlic, ginger, water, soy sauce, brown sugar and Sriracha sauce. Stir to combine.
Add in coated flank steak and carrots and stir again until everything is coated in the sauce.
Cover and cook on HIGH for 2-3 hours or on LOW for about 4 hours, until steak is cooked and tender.
Serve over white rice and garnished with green onions and sesame seeds if desired.
Source by heideltorsten