Chinese Chicken & Broccoli
This stir-fry recipe for Chinese Chicken & Broccoli in a brown sauce is quick, easy, and on the table in just 30 minutes. via @Erren's Kitchen
- 1 large head of Broccoli, cut into florets
- 3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 boneless chicken thighs, skinless
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 green/spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- 1 inch piece of ginger, peeled and chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Hoisin Sauce
- 3 Tablespoons light soy sauce, (extra to taste)
- 6 Tablespoons honey, approximately
- 6 Tablespoons hot water
Steam or sauté the broccoli to the softness just a bit firmer than you prefer & set aside.
Heat a wok over a high heat and add a bit of oil. Add the chicken and brown on all sides to seal the meat. Remove the chicken and set aside.
Fry the garlic, spring onion and ginger for 30 seconds in the hot wok, adding a little more oil if necessary, tossing now and then.
Put the chicken back in the wok. Add the soy sauce, hoisin sauce, and the hot water and bring to a boil. Drizzle with some of the honey, cover, and simmer, turning & drizzling with honey now and again for 7-10 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce reduced.
Add the broccoli and toss with the sauce until cooked through