Cheesy Broccoli, Chicken and Rice Stuffed Peppers
Traditional stuffed peppers get a makeover! These Cheesy Broccoli, Chicken and Rice Stuffed Peppers are loaded with flavor, kid-friendly and perfect for an easy and healthy comfort food dinner! #stuffedpeppers #broccoli #chicken
- 3 bell peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 1 cup cooked wild rice or brown rice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/4 cup finely diced shallot
- 1 clove of garlic, grated
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Place the halved bell peppers in a lightly greased baking dish and set aside.
- Add 2 teaspoons of olive oil to a large non-stick skillet and heat over medium-high heat. When the skillet is hot, add in the shallot and sauté one minute. Add in the chicken and garlic, season with salt and pepper and sauté until the chicken is no longer pink.
- Stir in the dijon mustard until combined then add in the broccoli florets. Cook another 2-3 minutes or until the broccoli turns bright green and is tender. Add in the cooked rice and a 1/2 cup of the cheeses. Stir together until the cheese melts. Remove from the heat and stir in the Greek yogurt until combined.
- Spoon the filling into the prepared peppers. Cover the baking dish loosely with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and top with the remaining 1/4 cup of cheese. Bake an additional 10 minutes then remove from the oven and let stand for 5-10 minutes before serving.