Broccoli Chicken Casserole with Egg Noodles – Real Life Dinner
Thirty Minute Broccoli Chicken Casserole with Egg Noodles. A weeknight dinner the whole family will love. Simple and Delicious Recipe. ~
- 1 (16 oz) package egg noodles, cooked (make sure to salt the water)
- 1 lb of broccoli florets
- 2 cups chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 1 can cream of chicken soup or two cups of chicken flavored white sauce
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ½ cup milk or noodle water
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large pot, cook the noodles according to package directions (I use my big stock steamer pot and cook the broccoli on top at the same time)
- Cook Broccoli
- Drain water out of the noodles, reserve a little if you plan to use it for the liquid instead of milk.
- Add the chicken, broccoli, condensed soup, milk or water, sour cream, lemon juice and onion powder. Mix well until everything is coated with sauce.
- Pour into a 9x13 pan and sprinkle with cheese on top. Put under the broiler until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with parsley if desired and serve.