Asian Meatballs – Craving Tasty
Asian meatballs, cooked in a Crock Pot, tender, juicy and delicious. | ifoodblogger.com
Meatball ingredients (see notes)
- 2 lbs ground beef (also can use pork, or beef/pork combination)
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1 cup yellow onion (finely chopped)
- 1 Tbsp chopped parsley (or Thai basil, regular basil, cilantro, etc.)
Asian sauce ingredients
- 1 cup water chestnuts (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup green onions (thinly sliced)
- 2 garlic cloves (pressed)
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 cup hoisin sauce (or plum sauce)
- 1/4 cup garlic chili sauce (or to taste, see notes)
- 3 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
In a large bowl, combine the ground beef with the rest of the meatball ingredients.
Mix the meat mixture until all ingredients are incorporated.
Shape into 1 1/2" balls, ending up with about 20 meatballs.
In a small bowl, combine the water chestnuts, green onions, garlic and ginger in a bow and mix well.
In a separate bowl, mix the hoisin sauce, garlic chili sauce and soy sauce.
Layer the meatballs, water chestnut mixture and sauce mixture alternately in a slow cooker until all of the ingredients are used.
Cook on High for 2 hours (Low for 4-6 hours) stirring occasionally to ensure even cooking.
Reduce the heat to low and serve when ready. Sprinkle with sliced green onions and sesame seeds if desired and use the pot juices as a dipping sauce.