Apple Dump Cake
Apple Dump cake is an easy, delicious, and holiday favorite slow cooker cake that requires nothing more than a dump and go! With apple pie filling and cake mix, this simple dessert tastes just like an apple pie- without the work. Complimentary to ice cream or on its own, the pecans add a great texture. Look no further! #apple #applepie
- 1 box, 15.25 oz, yellow cake mix
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup, 1 stick, melted butter
- 2 cans, 20 oz each, apple pie filling
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- vanilla ice cream
- In a large mixing bowl, add yellow cake mix, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix well. Add melted butter and mix well. Set aside.
- Grease a 6 quart slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Spread apple pie filling into the bottom of the slow cooker. Sprinkle crumbled cake mix on top. Top with pecans.
- Place two layers of paper towel on top of the slow cooker and cover with the lid. Heat on high for 3 hours. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.